I guess that I’ve been focusing on the job market for the time because I simply don’t have one. Even with a great resume, education and more, I can’t even get a bite from the beloved WalMart. Why are we told that things are looking brighter on the economy when the truth is evident to the people (real not media realized) that this is just bunk? I do have a few freelance gigs and I am trying to find more but…
Now, ‘they’ are telling us that you can have a ‘great’ job even without a traditional 4 year degree. But, beware! there is still special training required or years of experience, or knowing the right person, and then…
-Air Traffic Controllers: $117,200 – You still need FAA training and probably having military training is not a bad idea. Remember you might even be a hero helper when a particular pilot is used to find water.
– Industrial Production Managers: $77,670 – OK, when was the last time these folks did not need some form of education for these positions even if it was from the hiring company
– First-Line Police and Detective Supervisors: $69,300 – First how long are you on the beat dodging bullets and taking garbage from the public. Oh, it helps if you have some form of criminal justice training for better chances of promotion right?
– Funeral Director: $49,620 – Bring out your dead, bring out your dead… Not much pay for a job that requires state approved training and certification and the ability to deal with grieving family members and stressful planning for the inevitable future event.
– Police and Sheriff Patrol Officers: $47,460 – The stepping stone (be ready to be really stepped on) to the supervisor job above. It still has internal training if you pass the entrance tests. High stress and danger.
– Advertising Sales Agents: $42,750 – Is this income real in the present economy. I think if you don’t have some kind of sales or marketing training under you belt this is a joke. Most are now commission driven and how long did this level take to achieve?
– Real Estate Brokers and Sales Agents: $39,760 (the highest 10% earned more than $111,500) – In this market/economy? You still need to get a state license (training is required or at least needed). You need the right connections, location, and schmoozing abaility!
– Rounding out the rest of the list are occupational/physical therapist aids and assistants. Notice, aids and assistants, not the actual therapists. Even the assistants and aids need some form of training and can’t just walk into the facility and start lifting and hauling people about. The actual therapists need a full blown degree for this of course.
So, when you think about it, you still need training and some kind of certification, license or Associates degree to do these jobs. This is the trick here. YOU STILL NEED SOME EDUCATION of some form to make the grade here. Why no try to land a job while going to school and then look for the ones that are requiring the education that have real pay? The jobs listed here are needed, yes, but the way they are presented may give false impressions as to what is actually required to get them.